A family favorite! We make pancakes for breakfast in the morning and have enough batter left over for a dozen mini muffins for dessert or school snacks. The menu is very adaptable so whether you are doing Paleo/Primal or Weston A. Price it can work for you.
This recipe was shared at Health Home Economists Monday Mania on 9th April 2012
Banana Pancakes & Mini Muffins
Published: March 22, 2012
- Yield: 8 Pancakes / 12 Mini Muffins
- Prep: 15-30 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
A quick and easy recipe that is kid-friendly. Your little sous chef can assist with peeling and breaking up the banana, pushing the buttons on the blender and lining the raisins in the muffin pans.
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Bananas
- 1 tspn Cinnamon
- 1 tspn Vanilla Extract
- Sweetner of your choice if necessary (we use a few drops of vanilla stevia)
- 1/4 cup Full Fat Yogurt (preferably grass fed) (substitute coconut milk for paleo/primal)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- Butter or Coconut Oil for frying the pancakes, greasing the muffin pan
- In a blender add the banana, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, yogurt/coconut milk and stevia. Pulse to blend.
- Add the coconut flour and mix well.
- Heat some butter in the skillet and the drop about 1/4 cup measure of batter into the skillet. We fit about 2 in ours at a time. Repeat to finish the batter or to make about 8 pancakes if you want the rest for muffins.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and add a layer of raisins at the bottom of each. Fill with batter and put into the preheated oven (375 degrees) and cook at 375 degrees for approximately 12-15 mins. You know your oven.
- Remove and top each muffin with a raisin. Eat for dessert or save for a school snack. These taste really good chilled straight from the refrigerator.
- Course: Breakfast